"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9
In the past we held an annual weekend away at Quinta. This year we are having a Weekend at Home over the weekend of 8th/9th May.
It should be brilliant, don’t miss out! We have an excellent speaker – Simon Gales – who has been vicar of Lindow (Wilmslow) for the past 24 years.The weekend’s title is “Homeward Bound” and Simon will explain parts of Peter’s first letter for us.
• You must book a place online if you want to physically attend the talks and Sunday service or if you want your child/ren to attend the 3-10s group in The Hey.
• Those with young children are welcome to have them stay during talks as we cannot offer creche facilities.
• There is a limit of 80 for all attending talks in the building (this figure includes any young children who stay with parents) There will be a group, up to a maximum of 15, running concurrently with the talks for 3 to 10's in the Hey.
• The talks and service will also be streamed, and can be accessed here.
REMEMBER TO BRING:
Bible, notepad, and pen for talks
Drinks/food for the refreshments break and a picnic lunch and blanket for socially distanced picnic.
Appropriate shoes for walking.
Recommended donation: £5 per person max £10 per family.
Simon Gales is our speaker on our Weekend at Home. Simon is a native of Cheshire. He met his wife, Dede, a native of Belfast, when sailing across the English Channel. He worked as a civil engineer in the nuclear industry before going to theological college. He has been vicar of Lindow (Wilmslow) for just 24 years. He and Dede have a son Andrew who lives in Cambridge, and a daughter Sarah who is married and living in Sydney. His lockdown projects have included building bird boxes and eating marmalade.
Programme - Saturday
- 10.00am Roger interviews Simon
- 10:15am Session 1:Of Greater Worth Than Gold – 1 Peter 1:1-12
- 11:00am Refreshments break. (note 2)
- 11.30am Session 2: Strangers in our Time – 1 Peter 2:4-3:7
- 12.30pm Picnic lunch outside (bring your own and blanket)
- 2:15pm Walk through Dibbinsdale (note 4)
- Socially distanced outdoor games with children
Later afternoon go to own homes
- 7:30pm HT Quiz Evening on Zoom
- Quiz categories 1-3:
- The Post-lockdown Question - Mark 10:17-27
- Quiz categories 4-5
Programme - Sunday
- 10:30am Informal Communion Service.
Session 3: Sharing in Suffering – 1 Peter 3:8- 4:19
- Sum up and thanks.
End of Weekend at Home.